Sunday, September 1, 2013

Update - The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

This week has not been as productive as I would like, alas, because we're being hit with one more heat wave, and I with an hormonal migraine.  All the same, we should get relief by Monday.  And then we are in September....

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

(Here we pause for one of my favorite ads.)



The students are back in town.  Youthful beings wander the sidewalks in packs, distracted by peer groups, optimism, and members of the opposite sex, while out-of-town SUVs packed with dorm furniture and lost parental units fill the streets.  Both groups are prone to cross against the light and stray from their lanes.  Drivers beware.

(NOTE TO SELF: mark football Saturdays on the calendar tonight!)

This is the first September in memory that I have been a spectator in this fall ritual.  In past years, at the little community college down the road from the Big U, I would be walking the halls this week, finding and directing lost students, between bouts of crisis management and putting out fires.  The welcoming/helping job is one of the main things I miss about the job.

But the rest, I'm not missing very much.  I always have high energy in the lovely days of September and October, and now that energy is mine.  All mine.  Can I make effective use of it?

August Publications

This past month, in spite of the heat, I managed to get two new books published, and most of my old ones reformated and new versions uploaded.  One of the books has finally trickled through to most vendors. The other should be making it soon.

Fables and Enchantments: Amazon.com (Amazon international stores: UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, IN, CA, JP, BR, MX.) Barnes n Noble, Apple iBookstore, Kobo, Sony, Diesel, Smashwords

A Fistful of Divas: Amazon.com (Amazon international stores: UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, IN, CA, JP, BR, MX.) Barnes n Noble, Apple iBookstore, Kobo, Sony, Diesel, Smashwords

Keep tabs on my Book Page for updates on new vendors.

Also, prices --

This summer I played around with an Experiment in Mercenary Writing.  That whole project went off the rails almost immediately.  But as a part of the experiment, it was necessary to raise my prices, in anticipation of some things I was going to write.  That evolved into a very different plan.

So... I've lowered my prices again.  I am adjusting a few break points.  I may experiment further next year.  (NOTE, it can take a little bit for the prices to trickle through to all vendors.)

On The Blog This Week

On Wednesday I've got some Story Notes for A Fistful of Divas -- a little bit about small town opera houses which were one of the inspirations for the story.

Then on Friday, I'll tell you a little about a great old TV show -- Peter Gunn.  It's a show which had room for banter, jazz, action and very simple crime/mystery plots, all in a very stylish package.

In the meantime, I've got to get back to my writing schedule, which got off track for a bit.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: