Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Update -- Holy Moly it's a Check-in Day!

Dunno what happened to my brain.  I was finishing up, and I happened to realize that tomorrow is Wednesday -- Check-in Day!

I almost never miss Check-in Day because every night before I go to bed, I update this post with what I did for the day.  I think, because I'm doing the Clarion dare too, I felt like my day was done when I updated that....


A Round of Words in 80 Days vs. The Clarion Write-a-Thon

Stuff I did:

Sunday Day 0 - Artwork, and some writing
Monday Day 1 - Episode 1, rewritten for eBook Version
Tuesday Day 2 - Episode 2, rewritten for eBook Version

As you can see I took a little bit of a break from writing new episodes.  I have finished up through Ep 20 -- but that's still three episodes behind where I'm supposed to be.  Still, I have a week or so to back off and think before I run out of episodes to post.  And I do have to think, because right now I have more possibilities than I need.

I'm also still not getting ahead on the artwork: I'm doing it that evening just before posting.  (I wanna do a ROW80 vs Clarion logo, too.)

(Check out the other ROW80 writers checking in today.)


Sleep Deprivation is No Fun

I am very heat and light sensitive. Summer is always awful for me.  I had come up with a pretty good solution for the heat, but the light still slew me.  I've been staggering around like I'm punch drunk.

This is on top of a certain natural side effect of being really excited about what I'm writing.  I'm drooling on the keyboard trying to get that last word written for the night (or last stroke drawn) and then I pop awake way early.

Also the cat. The cat believes I should be awakened every two hours to admire his zombie bunny.

The result of all of this is that I was going to write all about how this serial is changing my life and also maybe more character or background stuff - but I'm too sleepy.

See you in the funny papers.

3 comments:

Tia Bach said...

The first Wednesday of a Round (with a Monday goals post) always throws me. It seems to early to be updating anything!

Then again, sometimes Sunday to Wednesday flies by just as fast as well, Wednesday to Sunday.

Good luck this round, sounds like you are off and running. (Hope you figure out some light defusing tricks!)

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, Tia! I try to actually write in the update post every day (it's why I do the )Day 1, Day 2..." thing) so that I don't forget.

But I forgot anyway.

I'm now hibernating in the basement as much as possible. It helps with the heat and light, but not with the excitement and Presentation of the Zombie Bunny issues.

Anonymous said...

I have not heard of the Clarion Write-a-Thon but it sounds interesting, Camille. Do enjoy stopping by because there is such an enthusiasm for writing and living that is part of your blog. I really like your idea of updating every day; in my own way I do the same but not on my blog. BTW, that voice recognition software does not confine the writer, as wherever you place the cursor and speak is where it will put the writing on the screen.

Karen