Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ROW80 Update - Ides of June

A Round of Words in 80 Days update:


Sunday Day 70 - Deadline Day.  I got the episode finished and did the artwork. I didn't realize until too late that I would have rather not used the purple for the figures.  Oh well.

Monday Day 71 - 1422 words.  Had some fun doing some work for the next section a week or so down the line.  I also did a scene that might be for the next story, or might be a complication in this one. (Or it might be in the expanded version of this one.)

 I am very jazzed about the idea of doing a more expanded version of this book.

Tuesday Day 72 - 285 words.  I got side tracked by experimental cookies.  (They are okay, but not yet what I was going for.)  It was a work day too.  And I got no  sleep because it was blazingly hot last night. However, it's not hot tonight, so I want to take advantage of sleeping weather.

But I did get Episode 12 done.  I just need to do the art, and one last polish.  I also got Episode 13 roughed in. (That's where all the new words came from, though I probably write a few on Ep 12 too.)  Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to make up for some of the lack of words today.

In the meantime, I've found a mini-motherlode of online serials.  A linky group called TuesdaySerial.  Here is This Week's Linky. (My main problem so far is that these serials also don't have easy to find links back to the beginnings of their stories -- but you can usually find it in their blog archive if you hunt.)

See you in the funny papers.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I wish so badly that I could put serials on my kindle and read them there. I can't take long term computer reading. Old eyes? :)

Good luck with your writing in the coming week!

The Daring Novelist said...

That's why I'm going to do it as a book, too.

(It's also why the episodes are so short.)

Ruth Nestvold said...

Cool - being jazzed is great! I love it when that happens. :)

Good luck with your episodes and have a great week!

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, Ruth!