Monday, March 28, 2011

Progress Update

I wrote another short short, but it is going to need editing. (It was one of those odd ideas you get while brushing your teeth, and then by the time you're done, the whole story is in your head.)

I also finally installed Adobe Design Premium CS5 on my computer. I've had it for months, but whenever you install new software, you need to set aside time for everything to break. Just now I want to learn some new tools in Photoshop, but I also don't have any deadlines looming on Photoshop projects, so it seems like the ideal time to get it installed. I appears to have gone well. So far.

I came up with a really great concept for the Mick and Casey novelettes I plan to publish over the next several months. Really nice and pulpy -- fun. But also easy to do a new cover for many different stories. And I've done a mock-up of the first cover, which I hope to finish up in the next couple of days because....

I'm going to try to publish "The Curse of Scattershale Gulch," a Mick and Casey mystery novelette, this weekend.

And tomorrow I am going to post more formally about my goals for the April Fools Dare. (I plan to write short fiction, and finish up a bunch more Mick and Casey novelettes and novellas.)

No comments: