Saturday, December 11, 2010

Got Carried Away and Published Something


Okay so the whole "sand into boulders" effort is not going as well as I hoped. Sometime early this afternoon I realized that I was just a few tweaks away from having my collection of short fantasy and folktales ready to upload for publication.

And since one of the stories is a really nice Christmas story, I thought, "Gee, why not do it now? You could have this published by Sunday."

So I actually just went ahead and published it an hour ago. It'll be up at Smashwords in a few hours. Amazon takes a little longer, but it could be up by late morning - although they won't put a book description on it for a while after that. (It will take much longer to get it into the Apple store and Barnes and Noble, and such.)

I wanted to have something new out this month and by golly I guess I did.

Here's the short description I wrote for Smashwords: Seven short fantasy and folktales, for children and adults. Including the title story - a bittersweet Christmas tale of a tree that touched a town. These stories were previously published in Cricket, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy Magazine, and Brady Magazine, plus two written for this collection.

1 comment:

Jamie D. said...

Congratulations - looks great! :-)