Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept Dare Day 19 - Bribing Oneself (Mateys)

Arrrrrrrgh! Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day.

For the past few days I've been poking around in the last chapter, writing new bits here and exploring options there. (Also, since I realized that something I had George doing in an earlier chapter would be better done by Rosie, I have to play around with how that changes things.)

But today, after messing around and doing just about anything except work, I hit upon a new strategy in my efforts to get this book done.

I need a new computer. I want a new computer. In checking my savings, I find that as of this coming payday, I can have a new computer without devastating my emergency fund. (But as far as I can tell, I cannot acquire any new toys without devastating my writing time.)

So, I get that new 13" MacBookPro when I finish the $&@#^ book. A book for a book.

Think it will work?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Sounds like a good way to bribe yourself!