Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Dare - Finish the WIP?

I actually won't have time to stop and think until Thursday, so I'm not sure this is going to get off to a whiz bang start tomorrow.

But I don't know that I have more than 6-10 thousand words more to write on this thing. On the other hand, I have a LOT more to rewrite. But I want to resist doing any more of that than necessary.

Because I think one of the motivating factors - my critique group - may also work against me. You see, I've got five chapters to go before I get to new material, and the group's pace is not all that fast. So I'll want to stop writing new material and mess with the stuff that's already done.

The other thing is, of course, that I have to critique three chapters for every one I submit. So I think I will try to work that into the actual dare routine. I will attempt to get my critiques done, and polish the submission chapters on workdays (mostly Monday through Wednesday) and then write new on my days off. This should scratch both itches, and balance out my goals nicely.

So.. I've already submitted Chapters 1-6. I think all Chapters 7-8 need is to be split in a different place. So that's where I'll begin.

No comments: