Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back from Duckon - Working on Covers

My brain has been much stimulated by my trip to Duckon and Chicago. I had some epiphanies about just about all of my active stories. And I decided on the concept for my cover for Have Gun, Will Play. Below is a pretty close to finished mock-up. Comments would be appreciated.



After the long trip home, though, I am very very tired, and I have to go to work tomorrow and the next day. I hope to make some good posts here soon, but now I must sleeeeeepppppp.....

3 comments:

stu said...

It's consistent with the others, and hints at both the mystery and western aspects. I'm not sure it exactly screams comedy, though.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the others so I can't comment but I'm not sure about the real photo on top and the drawing on the bottom... are they two different books in one? I would prefer... (and it's only me) either, both above and below the text, real photos or both drawings. That's just me... I'm no expert.

Also, I'm so sorry I haven't got around to finishing the story on your other blog. I promise I will, I've been trying so hard to finish my novel, it's quite distracting.

CD

The Daring Novelist said...

The other covers you see in the sidebar aren't even in the same genre, so I don't need it to be consistent with them. The consistency has to be with future covers in the same series. (The bottom image, therefore, is the series logo - the top image will change with each book.)

Clarissa: I know exactly how it feels. When you're writing, you don't have room in your head for other books.