Friday, April 2, 2010

Reading Dare and Ideas

I've got a lot of reading to do, so for now, a quick ten-day reading dare. Between now and Sunday April 11, I've got to read and vote on all the nominees for the Short Mystery Fiction Society's Derringer Awards. I've also got lots and lots of books piled around that I want to read and just haven't had the mindspace while I'm writing.

I'll be posting daily progress and thoughts on subjects that come to me while reading.

I'd also like to do some idea generation and raw writing, although I don't see that happening much this week, because I have family visits to deal with. So that will start on the 12th.

The reading will spark ideas, though. It always does. Watching commercials sparks ideas. Even the cover of a book, or a turn of phrase, when you're in the right mood. And since I've started this dare blog, I have been in the right mood almost continuously. And taking time out for the eBook Publishing Experiment has only ramped up my fevered brain.

So I expect to be posting a lot of thoughts on developing ideas and worlds and characters in their rawest form.

As for said eBook Publishing Experiment, I'll be making a weekly post on how it's going, for those who are curious.

No comments: