Sunday, April 18, 2010

eBook Experiment - Update

I have a cold, and it's turning into a bad cold, so I'm just going to do an eBook Experiment update tonight:

I have sold a total of 14 copies on Smashwords, and 4 on Kindle. Pretty much all of them attributable to marketing efforts. I haven't been at this long enough to declare it a failure, but it definitely appears that if I don't push, sales don't just drop, they drop to zero.

So the next phase of this experiment is to do two things: 1) Move on to books that are probably more suited to the ebook audience, that is more clear cut in terms of genre and tone. 2) Change the title on the book. I'm thinking that title was a Learning Experience (and the lesson learned was a provocative title isn't what you want in an ebook without publicity and a book tour behind it).

The new title will be THE WIFE OF FREEDOM and of course, now that I look at it, I realize that this actually fits thematically even better. Mary's husband is known a Jackie the Freedom and when Mary first meets her lover she puts him off by introducing herself as Mrs. Freedom.

I don't know how long it will take me to make the changes, and I want to get the new book up first, so that I can simply replace the promotions (such as the one in the sidebar here) with a link to the new book. Then after I get it all accomplished, I'll start the experiment all over again.

No comments: