Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Heat Is On

The heat's back on, though the house is still cold. Tomorrow is the last full day of work before the end of the dare. So we're getting ready to sprint.

Today, I did not get any plot holes filled in, but I came up with perfect, killer last page/scene. I was just thinking about technique - about reflecting the opening image in the ending image - when I realized that I would also have an opportunity to give the audience a very clear picture of where the characters stand. Which is important because they don't know where they stand at the end in terms of certain personal matters - which is the arc for the series.

I will probably talk about the specific problems I have with the multi-book character arcs. If I can figure out how to talk about it without spoilers.

No comments: