Friday, January 8, 2010

Getting Ready Day 4 (of 5)

The drama of the day job has struck as the beginning of the semester grinds onward. (And all was going so well, but the stress eventually hits us all hard.)

Still, I got some good work done on the outline. I now have a good sense of the arc of the beginning of how the first four or five chapters go.

I have decided on my approach to the beginning, which I guess uses all of the techniques I talked about last week. I suppose it is more "right in the action" but it's action that is mainly narrative dialog. (It's George vs. Gwen's therapist. The question is only whether the therapist is a mere straight-person, or if I could use her in another minor roll later too. I think if I decide to do that, I can tweak the first scene later to fit.)

No comments: